AAA Aproved Auto Repair
|As a AAA member, you’re guaranteed much more than just quality auto repair. Schaumburg Automedics not only meet AAA’s tough performance standards while providing reliable and courteous service, they are required to provide AAA members with:
- Free Maintenance Inspection- Approved Auto Repair Facilities will perform a free 24-point inspection of your vehicle upon request and provide a written recommendation of any needed maintenance or repairs (a $24.95 value).
- 12-month/12,000-mile Warranty- Most repairs performed at Approved Auto Repair facilities, unless otherwise noted, include a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles warranty on parts and labor.
- Returned Parts- When parts are replaced, the old parts will be returned to you upon request if they do not have to be sent back to the manufacturer for warranty or exchange.
- Guaranteed Estimate- Approved Auto Repair facilities provide guaranteed verbal or written estimates (local and state regulations take precedence regarding notification of repair costs).
- Dispute Resolution- Should a disagreement arise between you and an Approved Auto Repair facility, AAA will investigate the claim and seek a resolution. AAA’s recommendation will automatically be accepted by the repair facility but you will not be bound by the decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Approved Auto Repair (AAR)?
Approved Auto Repair is a AAA member benefit designed to help direct a member to a pre-screened reputable automobile repair facility for quality auto repairs. AAR facilities sign agreements to provide reliable, high-quality service performed by ASE certified technicians, to perform free maintenance inspections for members who schedule service and to abide by AAA decisions in service disputes.
If a shop has a “AAA” sign out front, does that mean they are AAA approved for repairs?
As long as the sign reads, “Approved Auto Repair.”
How long has AAR been available to members? And how do I find an approved facility?
AAR was established in 1975 in limited areas. It has been expanded to more than 6,500 AAA Approved Repair facilities in the United States and Canada. The program is available in all Auto Club South territory. Contact your local branch, or call toll-free 1-800-AAA-HELP, or use the website at www.aaa.com to find the facility nearest you.
What are the standard requirements for an AAR facility?
AAR facilities are required to provide members with: Free maintenance inspection for items most commonly related to roadside breakdowns which include tires, belts and hoses. 12-month/12,000-mile warranty for parts and labor on work done, for a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles (for most repairs, unless otherwise noted). Returned Parts: When parts are replaced, upon request the old parts will be returned to you if they do not have to be sent back to the manufacturer for warranty or exchange. Guaranteed estimate either verbally or in writing (local and state regulations will take precedence regarding notification of repair costs). Dispute Resolution: Should a disagreement arise between you and an AAR facility, AAA will investigate the claims and seek a resolution. AAA’s recommendation will automatically be accepted by the repair facility but you will not be bound by the decision.
What is the benefit of AAR to the AAA member?
AAA screens each facility for reliability, honesty, fair pricing, cleanliness, training of staff and stands behind the repairs performed, and will assist the member in the event of a dispute regarding those repairs.
What types of repairs are performed by AAR facilities?
AAR facilities must minimally offer most general repairs. Offering more specialized repairs such as transmission work is optional.
Is a member entitled to a discount on repairs if they go to an AAR facility?
Not necessarily. Offering a member a discount for repairs is up to each individual facility.
What types of repair facilities belong to AAR?
The AAR network is made up of a combination of new car dealers and independent repair facilities. Some NAPA AutoCare facilities may be a part of the network. There is a distinct difference between NAPA AutoCare Centers and NAPA Auto Parts stores. NAPA Auto Parts stores sell parts and accessories only and offer SYC&S discounts to AAA members as part of the AAA National program. Whereas, NAPA AutoCare Centers are independent auto repair facilities and do not sell parts and accessories.
Are these shops only inspected the one time to gain entry into the AAR program?
No. The shops undergo an annual re-inspection in an effort to uphold AAA’s high standards.
How does AAA know the shop continues to perform quality repairs?
ACS has an ongoing facility service evaluation feedback system in place. The quality of service our member receives is constantly monitored.
Download AAA Approved Auto Repair Brochure